Do you know that feeling? When something or someone you think you know and understand, suddenly it comes to light that it's not what or who you thought it to be? That you've been lied to and mislead. That feeling in the pit of your stomach and the ache in your heart?
So. I've been immensely struggling with a lot of things lately.
I am, first and foremost, the most unforgiving person you will ever meet. It is my vice in life (everybody is allowed one, thats mine.) I will not forgive for carelessness and I will not forget it either.
Loyalty is my number one priority. I have always made it a very large and very important priority to be loyal. And I mean, loyal to a fault. No lies, no misleading. I am an extremely loyal person. In all of my relationships, with anyone, not just my family or my husband, I make it a point to be loyal.
I also make it a point to be REAL. I am going to be the same person, no matter what situation i'm in, nor who i'm standing in front of. I'm not going to talk a good game to your face, and then turn around and completely change. And the fact that someone so close to me, whom I love very much, who is so extremely disloyal and fake, beseeches the HELL out of me. Especially when we built our "relationship" on such common grounds as honesty and respect. This person, who has an extremely good heart, with whom I share many common friends with, will tell me one thing, and in the same instant text someone else something completely different.
So here I am, in a conundrum. What is there to do? Do I let it go? Do I discredit this persons honesty, and completely write them off as a liar?
For as unforgiving as I am, I am also extremely soft hearted. My heart breaks often because I hold so many people and things so dear to my heart. I want this person to be better. I want them to be the person who I know they can be. Or maybe, it's that I want them to be who I expect them to be. Because that's what I would do for them. I do my best to be there for this person. I'm extremely honest and loyal to this person. I hold their opinions in very high regard, but apparently their feelings aren't recropricated. I'm not a fan of the fall down, beligerant type of drinking. This person will LIE to my FACE and tell me that they have not been drinking, and will in the same breath text a mutual friend, and BRAG about how drunk they are or how many beers or drinks they've already had.
I mean, REALLY? Do you have to be so fake? What joy does it bring to your life to lie to me? Do you honestly not respect me enough to be real or even be loyal? I live my life by the theory of "treat others how you would want to be treated." I honestly do not know what to do in this situation. I've talked to this person over, and over again about this very subject. I've caught them in lies and they still continue with these behaviors. When is enough, enough? And what kind of person would I be, to finally wipe my hands of them, and just walk away?
No comments:
Post a Comment