Hello World

I married my best friend on October 22, 2010. I'm an Army wifey! I've started this blog as an outlet, an escape of some sorts. Somewhere where I can go to let it all out, whine, complain and express the ups and downs of everyday life. Life is a roller coaster, full of highs and lows. It's a hell of a ride, but I can guarantee it's beautiful.

Monday, April 11, 2011

So much to do. So very little time. Less than 60 days away from giving up my best friend for the foreseeable future. I catch myself everyday on the verge of tears, praying he wont have to leave, but it's inevitable, this is life now. I am an Army Wife. I am prepared for this........
No.I'm.Not.
I have to give myself pep-talks every day. You've been through this before. You knew this was coming. Yeah, I've been here. Yes, I knew this was coming. But no, i'm no where near ready. But I pray, every single day, that God gives me the courage and the know-how to face this and to succeed.

I guess I started this blog, to get my thoughts out there, and to give myself peace of mind. (God Bless you, Sarah, for giving me this idea.) I don't need agreement or pity. Not every body understands this lifestyle nor do they support it. It sucks sometimes, plain and simple. But the joy I get from seeing him smile or hearing that beautiful laugh of his, makes it so worthwhile. Not very many people understand the love and support I have for my husband. I am so very, very proud of him and the sacrifices he makes for me and for this country.
I'd change places with him if he'd let me.

We're five days from block leave. Five days from home. (Five days from a 22 hour drive. UGH.) I have laundry to do. A household to pack. And i'm assuming, more tears to cry. I'm ready to go home, ready to see our families. Ready to be surrounded by comfort. We're going to be SUPER busy. His half of the tribe always guarantees that. It'll be a nice distraction.

Shake me down!
(our current aggreable favorite song)
Makes me smile. Every. Single. Time.
Guess it'll be playing alot?

It's all just part of the ride, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment